Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not answered here, please feel free to call our office, toll free, at (888) 725-0209.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Cleaning of the tank is an important part of any systems’ maintenance. Without cleaning, the solids will build in the tank, overflow and block the secondary treatment causing system failure.
Regular cleaning will extend the life of the system.
On average a family of 4 should have their tank cleaned at least every 2 years.
To learn more about how often you need a Septic Tank Cleaning, click here.
A septic inspection is definitely recommended when buying a home. Many times the homeowner is unaware of any problems. These problems can be found by having a thorough septic inspection. A new septic system can cost up to $17,000.
Many factors that determine cost include:
- The brand of system being installed.
- The type of maintenance agreement included.
- The type of sampling well.
- The type of sump pump (if applicable).
- The proposed location of the system.
- The access to an electrical circuit.
- Standard backfill.
- Backfilling with landscaping and seeding.
- The reuse of some existing components.
- The low installation cost initially, but high maintenance cost later.
All of these things must be taken into consideration.